Afternoon snack (Original English version)


“The children will love these, don’t you think, my cupcake?”

“Of course, your cookies are the best in the whole world.”

“No, that’s you. You are the best in my whole world.”

“But I’m not a cookie.”

“Of course you are, my sweetest cookie ever.”

“How can I not love you?”

“You figure that out. In the meantime, let me check the oven.”

“Please, sit. I’ll give the cookies a look. You’ve been working a lot here in the kitchen.”

“Oh, how chivalrous.”

“Okay. What do we have here?”

“Careful honey, use a cloth.”

“Sure it’s hot, huh. Ok, I’ll open this and… yep. They are ready.”

“Get the tr…”

“The tray? Got it.”

“The pinc…”

“The pincers? Beat you by a mile.”

“Go for the mi…”

“Milk? Right away. And eleven glasses from the cupboard.”

“Twelve”

“Of course. What would I do without you?”

“Okay. Let me carry the cookies. I made them in the first place.”

“Yes, the honour is always yours.”

“You bring the milk and…”

“…I open the door for us.”

“A kiss before?”

“Sure, sugar. Let me clean some of this flour off your hair.”

The swinging door to the dining room opens to a long table were twelve kids struggle to get free. They are strapped tightly to their respective chairs over foul poodles of pee. Their eyes drowning in tears. Their cheeks scrapped red from the wet rags wrapping their mouths.

A choked chorus of whines and cries rushes out as the smiling couple closes in with the fresh afternoon snack.


………..Koori

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Después te cuento

Dimensionología de un beso y de todos

Within streams of water, sweat and tears